Thursday, June 21, 2012

just call me the craigslist whisperer

i think i might have a gift for craigslist. seriously.
i know i mentioned my newly acquired dyson a few posts ago, and this leather west elm slipper chair was an $80 find sometime last fall:

i am pleased to share my newest - and very exciting! - craigslist find: a vintage brass and glass bar cart.
apologies for the overexposure - the sun was shining brightly through the window to the right of the frame!
and of course titus had to photobomb, but he certainly seems to approve.

this handsome new addition was being sold after having been used on a movie set (film title: that thing with the cat, due out sometime in the next year or so) and was under $200. it's in pristine condition, and the set designer even gave me all of that beautiful vintage glassware "because i look like i enjoy that kind of thing."

why, yes! yes i do!

i have been lusting after a cart of this kind for quite some time, but they are prohibitively expensive. most are priced over $1000, and here's an almost identical one for $1,150!
i have a couple ideas for incorporating this piece into the new apartment, so stay tuned to see where it lands! in the meantime, if you are looking for a piece of furniture, let me know - perhaps i can use my craigslist-whispering gift to your advantage!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! You have such a great eye. I wish I had your dedication...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so jealous!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete