Sunday, January 15, 2012

fulfilling a resolution

<via>

happy new year! i have this feeling that 2012 is going to be a year filled with excitement, and instead of the usual, abandoned-in-february resolutions of years past (work out more, stress less, etc.) this year i have decided to stick to three simple, attainable goals:

1.     do one thing every day for myself.
2.     call/text/email my brothers once a week.
3.     drink more water.

the last one is seriously hard! i have at least 2 cups of coffee a day, but rarely do i manage anything close to the recommended 8 cups of water.

the second one is pretty self-explanatory: i have two brothers. we don't see each other much, and boys never call. we are citizens of the modern world with cell phones and email. there is no excuse for this.

the first one is an effort to be good to myself, because we all need to do that! it can be all too easy to give yourself a hard time about the little (and big) things in life, and i personally would like to be a bit nicer.

on that note, one of the first things that i am doing for myself in 2012 is launching crossed and dotted. this stems from my need for a creative outlet outside of my professional life: i work in fundraising for a museum in new york city, and while i love my job and find it very rewarding, i have been feeling for a while that i need a place where my inspiration can run unchecked.

so, welcome to the place where i will share my passion for style, design, food, and the other good things in life, all wrapped up in a neatly edited package to satisfy my penchant for organization and tying up loose ends. t's crossed; i's dotted.

*disclaimer: i am new to this game, so suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment