Wednesday, January 18, 2012

winter skincare essentials

1. boots no.7 quick thinking 4-in-1 wipes
2. boots no.7 rebalancing day fluid
3. boots no.7 rebalancing night fluid
4. boots no.7 protect & perfect eye cream
5. burt's bees herbal blemish stick
the weather this winter has been all over the place: warm then cold, dry then wet. needless to say, my skin does not know what to make of it, and i have had to institute a new regime to combat the dry, flaky and red area that is was my face.

finding products that work on my face has always been a challenge. i have what they call combination skin, which is a euphemism for skin that does whatever it wants, whenever it wants. when i was in london for grad school, I fell in love with boots pharmacy and all of their skincare products. of course, i then moved back to the united states and quickly ran out of my supply. since then, i have dabbled with the wexler line from bath and body works, as well as regular drugstore essentials like cerave, aveeno, and olay with middling results.

so, you can imagine how thrilled i was when my mom told me about this great new skincare line she found at target called no.7 from boots pharmacy!

i use the cleansing wipes because they are quick and easy and amazing at removing eye makeup. I follow up with either the day fluid or night fluid, and i also use their eye cream (let's face it, i'm not getting any younger!) i also discovered that burt's bees has a wonderful roll-on blemish stick that works wonders for breakouts.

the best part? the price! i am sure that all of the super-expensive creams are miracles in a jar, but they are not (and probably will never be) within my budget. the boots line is all under $20 per product, and i could not be happier about how healthy and un-wintery my skin looks! do you have any skincare products you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment