|1. gold pyramid studs (i found mine on gilt groupe; these are similar)|
2. red belt (ann taylor)
3. brown boots (mine are very old banana republic; similar ones here)
4. silk dress (found this at a j.crew sale pre-holidays! here's their current version)
5. red bag (old ann taylor; similar here)
6. black cardigan (similar here)
7. gray scarf (i actually knit these; i love this one, but it's very pricey. check out etsy for affordable, handmade versions!)
someone recently pointed out to me that i have a winter uniform: dress, black tights, tall brown boots and a scarf. the more i reflected on this, the more i realized how accurate it was! i do gravitate toward easy silk dresses that fit well under a heavy coat, and i never leave the house without a scarf. the boots may seem like a style-forward choice, but i really like them because they are flat and reduce the possibility of wiping out on slippery sidewalks!
the outfit above is my best attempt at replicating one of my favorite winter "uniforms" - most of my pieces are older, or were found on sale, but you can certainly locate similar versions of these items out there. i love to add a pop of color via a matching belt and bag, and red is my favorite: classic and chic!