hello again, monday! this weekend was such a treat: i went to bikram twice, perused the GIGANTIC fall fashion issues from vogue, vanity fair, and instyle with a glass of prosecco and a good friend, and then made a summery treat for dessert last night!
the recipe is an amalgam of several different things; i only had one frozen pie crust that i wanted to get rid of, so i got creative!
lemon blueberry crumble pie
one pre-made pie crust (i use pillsbury, but you are welcome to make your own crust!)
2 cups of blueberries
zest of one lemon
juice from half a lemon
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
for crumble topping:
1 stick of butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. preheat oven to 400.
2. rinse blueberries well and pick them over to remove stems.
3. combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and flour in a large bowl.
3. roll pie crust out and fit to pie plate, crimping edges.
4. fill crust with the blueberry filling.
5. add crumble topping ingredients to food processor; pulse until you have a clumpy, crumbly texture (if it isn't clumpy, add more butter; if it's one huge ball of dough, add more flour and sugar.)
6. sprinkle crumble topping over the blueberries.
7. bake for 30-40 minutes, until blueberries are bubbling and crust and crumble topping are golden brown.
i wish i had an "after" photo, but it was eaten so quickly i didn't get a chance!